Image Map

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DVF for a Penny!


It's shopping lore, but you can buy something from Bloomingdale's for one cent.  It's called a RTV or Return to Vendor item.  Basically it's something that is old, damaged or returned from the online store and it shouldn't be on the floor.  The item has fallen out of the system and it rings up at a penny.  This yellow DVF shell was my needle in a haystack.

While wandering through the Soho Bloomingdale's the BF stumbled across this top in a pile near the register.  It had strange tags and quite a few return stickers affixed to it. I brought it up to the cashier and it rang up at one penny! Seriously! Also, since I found a penny on the ground earlier in the day, this shirt wasn't going to cost me a thing.  What a great day.



Next time you're at Bloomingdale's be sure to shop the entire store, you might just get lucky too! 

I decided to pair it with my favorite leather-trimmed Calvin Klein blazer (that I also picked up from the outlet for a steal!) and the most comfortable skinny jeans in existence.


[ Blazer: Calvin Klein (similar) / Shell: DVF (this seasons colors) / Jeans: 7FAMK / Purse: Coach / Booties: C Wonder / Sunglasses: Kenneth Cole / Necklace: Madeline ]





Linking up at...
Simply Just Lovely

4 comments:

  1. i love that gorgeous pop of yellow, it's such a great color on you! I am hosting a little blog link up today, I'd love for you to stop by!

    xo, Tori
    http://bit.ly/1bRmMid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning outfit... it's chic yet casual, and I love that Coach bag. New follower from the GFC Collective, and I hope you'll drop by and follow along my blog, as well. Have a fabulous week!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous outfit! Love that blazer with those boots!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous outfit! I can't believe you scored such a gorgeous top for only a penny!

    ReplyDelete