Image Map

Friday, January 17, 2014

One Dress - Day to Night


Sometimes I'm lucky enough to head straight from work to a night out on the town.  I commute to work on the train and that means my train takes me directly to the city, no stopping at home for this girl!  How do I go from day to night?  With one killer dress!


When heading to work, I keep it all buttoned up and professional.  This Banana Republic blazer keeps me office appropriate, yet warm.  I love a knit blazer, especially since my office is frigid.


Gotta be sure to carry a big bag that will not only hold the things I need for work, but also carry my little make-up bag and my clutch for tonight!


A delicate statement necklace (made by a 3-D printer!) adds just a little bit of fun.


And these fabulous Tahari Mary Jane pumps finish off the look.  To get the party started for night...


I trade out my shoes for something a little higher and brighter!


I swap out my bag for this fabulous woven clutch from French Connection and switch my jewelry for something a little heavier, blingier.


And of course I ditch the blazer.  The leather panels on this Kenneth Cole dress (available in stores) were secretly hidden all day!  With just those few changes and I've gone from desk worker to dinner ready!

How do you go from day to night?  I'm dying for your secrets!


Linking up with...

Simply Lulu Style
Simply Just Lovely
Perfectly Coutured
Style Elixir

3 comments:

  1. That dress is perfect for a day to night dress. It looks so chic yet office appropriate with the the blazer but totally cocktail ready without it - great find! I also have to say that your eyes are a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous day to night dress! I love both looks!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so cool...love the leather insets. The blazer makes it perfect for work. And the necklace is so unique!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete