Image Map

Friday, April 18, 2014

Stitch Fix #12 - April 2014

Spring has sprung and Stitch Fix has come through with some of the freshest pieces for the season! I barely lasted through the long long winter that we had here in New Jersey. I don't know how many more weeks of heavy layers and winter boots I could have taken! Thankfully it's time to put away those heavy coats, pack up the thick sweaters and send the wool pants to the dry cleaners for the last time.

This month I asked my Stitch Fix stylist for color and work wear and they sent me some fun pieces! I also asked for a variety of designers and I got a box of five items from five different labels. I made a deal with myself that I can only keep one item from each fix. I know lots of people are looking for the 5-item fix, where they keep all five items, but I'm looking only to add really fun and special pieces to my wardrobe. This was really difficult this month, because Stitch Fix sent me some really cute items!

41Hawthorne - Daphne Scalloped Colorblock Dress
First up, this scalloped colorblock dress from 41Hawthorne. I was pleasantly surprised with this dress! The color gradient from dark red to white was perfect and the quality was great for a summer dress. Maybe because it was chilly out when I took these pictures, or it was the length - I decided to send this one back. I think if it were summer, I might have kept it!

Tart - Sonam French Terry Jacket

Next up, my favorite piece from this months fix! I've already worn this jacket a couple of times. It's incredibly comfortable and has been traveling with me around the world. While sitting on an airplane for eight hours, this jacket has been the perfect thing to keep me warm. If you're looking for a great layering piece, totally ask for this jacket in your next fix!

Margaret M - Emer High Waited Cropped Trouser
Under Skies - Camillia Floral Print Sleeveless Blouse

After getting these two pieces I decided to edit my style profile. No more orange. I do not look good in all this orange, I think it's my hair color. I've seen this top in another color from another Stitch Fix review and it was totally adorable. The shirt was so cute, but seriously, this color and me aren't friends. The pants? So great. But again, not in this color.

Yumi - Renese Marled Cable Knit Sweater

I've been on the hunt for a cute fisherman's sweater all winter. I think that this purple number would have been perfect, except that it really needed to be sized up to get the fit I wanted. Chunky sweaters need to be chunky! Loved the color though, such a nice alternative to the usual cream fisherman's sweaters out there.

Overall I'd give this fix an A-! Lots of fun, so much color and I found something I really love! As with every fix, I filled out the return page online and shared my thoughts on the items they sent me. Then I went to my style profile and removed orange and yellow from my preferences. With winter melting into spring, I can't wait to get warmer weather fixes. I always enjoyed those much more than the winter fixes.

Wondering what else I'm wearing in my fix?  Check out the links below.


Want to try Stitch Fix yourself? You can sign up through my referral link and they are nice enough to give me $25! I think the wait list is a little long right now, so be prepared to wait about two months before you receive your first fix!

It's been a year of Stitch Fix, check out my fixes from the past 11 months!

May 2013 - Fix #1
June 2013 - Fix #2
July 2013 - Fix #3
August 2013 - Fix #4
September 2013 - Fix #5
October 2013 - Fix #6
November 2013 - Fix #7
December 2013 - Fix #8
January 2014 - Fix #9
February 2014 - Fix #10
March 2014 - Fix #11

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes that colorblock dress is also my favorite....it's so Spring-lovely!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete