Image Map

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

2015 Wilde Goals



We're more than halfway through January 2015 and I thought that I would take a moment to share some of my personal goals for this year. I'm not one for resolutions, because I feel like they are often too wide-sweeping and never followed through on. Goals are more of a tangible thing that I can work to achieve and cross off when I accomplish. I've broken down my 2015 goals into three different catagories - Health & Fitness, Personal Growth & Blogging!

Health & Fitness

Infuse your water with fruits, vegetables, or herbs.  Add a favorite flavor or two for variety — like berries, citrus, or lavender.
<< via >>
1. Workout 4 times per week - When I was a postdoc, I was at the gym every single day. It helped that I was earning extra money teaching classes, so I was required to show up! Since starting my new job last year, I really fell out of a gym schedule. I made excuses like - I'm traveling so much for work or we're moving and that's exercise enough - and my muscles have gotten so weak! Time to hit the gym and get back to my strong self.

2. Run a half marathon - I completed my first half marathon two years ago and absolutely loved it. I trained for 6 weeks and ran the Women's Central Park half marathon. I started out as a mediocre runner and finished six weeks later with a time of 1 hour 58 minutes. So not only do I want to run another half marathon, I want to beat that time! Do you want to train with me?

3. Strive for Five - For years of my life, that saying meant long hours in the lab (chemistry PhD students will know what I'm talking about), now I want it to lead to a healthier Vicki. I'm sure I'm not the only person who buys lots of fruits and veg at the grocery store, only to throw it all away the next week. I'll be working to incorporate more produce into my diet by prepping it all early. I'll be documenting this food journey both here and at WITK.

Personal Growth

Manarola, Italy - It's in the province of La Spezia, Liguria, northern Italy. A unique place called 'Cinque Terre ' (which means Five Towns literally and this is one of the town, they are right next to each other). If you go to Tuscany, you can make a day trip there.
<< via >>

4. Take four courses - There are so many classes available in New York City and I want to take some time this year to learn something new. I've got my eye on a few jewelry making classes as well as some cooking/baking classes. Maybe I also need to learn how to salsa?

5. Visit two new places - Last year, I visited ten new places! Most of them were business trips, but I was able to enjoy at least one day of sight seeing on each trip. I love to travel, learn more about other countries and speak new languages. I have fewer work trips this year (and most of them at to places I've already been!), so that means vacations to far flung locations are a must! So many places to see, but where to go in 2015?

6. Make our new house a home - Last year, we bought our house. This year, we make it our own. The major goal for this year is to renovate and decorate our place. The boyfriend and I are taking our time, not wanting to buy everything at once and regret it. So far we have bought a couch, mattress and two dining chairs. To say there is a lot of work left is an understatement!

Blogging


7. Post 3 times per week across both WITK and WITC - To help myself with this goal, I have a 2015 challenge running on my cooking blog, creating junk foods at home. I've been slacking off on both of my blogs and really want to get back to a regular posting schedule.

8. Add more lifestyle posts to WITC - With the new job came a whole new schedule for life. I've had less time to spend on fashion photos and have spent more time traveling, decorating and enjoying life. The occasional fashion post will pop up, but I want to make it more of a mix of all things Wilde!

9. Try 12 more candy recipes for WITK - A few years ago, I worked on a candy challenge at WITK. I really enjoyed working with sugar syrups and creating chocolate confections at home. The world needs more sweets (Not really...), and I am happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment