Image Map

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stitch Fix #5 - September 2013

It's September and time for another Stitch Fix!  The stylists are really starting to understand my preferences, Miranda was my stylist this month.  I was a little bummed I didn't get a note from my stylist, I like the notes.  

Still haven't heard about Stitch Fix?  I did a complete review a few months ago.  Or you can check out my previous fixes #1#2, #3 and #4!  With Fall coming and the weather turning cooler, I asked for layering pieces and pants for this fix.  While the pieces were spot on style-wise, they were all a little off for one reason or another.  Check out what I got!


Pink Martini - Fierro Elbow Patch Crew Neck Sweater

 I loved the style of this top.  The side slits, pink elbow patches and boxy shape.  It's the perfect weight for layering in the Fall.  I decided not to keep this top because I already own a grey sweatshirt very similar to this.  I really want to sew elbow patches onto the one hanging in my closet now! (Worn with - Skirt - Theysken's Theory / Tank top - Gap / Shoes - Nine West)


41Hawthorne - Moni Stud Detailed 3/4 Sleeve Blouse
 I got a 41Hawthorne top in last months fix and I really liked it.  This one is right along the lines of what I asked for, a cobalt blue top!  There was just a little bit too much embellishment on this top for me.  Either studs on the front or the sleeve, not both. (Worn with - Jeans - 7 for All Mankind (straight leg) / Shoes - Tahari / Watch - DKNY)


THML - Marquez Mixed Material Lace Print Top
 Here's a lace top that doesn't beg the question - "What do I wear underneath this?"  It's a lace print on the front and the black is actually a knit.  Again, I loved this top, but the fit was off.  Notice the sleeves are a tad too short, it was tight in the chest and the front neckline actually felt like it was choking me.  So sad, because it's a really cute idea.  (Worn with - Jeans - Kenneth Cole / Shoes - MIA)


Margaret M - Skinny Ponte Pant
 I asked for some fun pants this month.  These burgundy pants would have been perfect for work and are right on trend with the tapered pants I've been seeing in the Fall fashion magazines.  Unfortunately, they were huge.  I'm actually wearing these with a few bulldog clips in the back.  This is why it's tricky to buy pants that aren't sized by numbers, these were a Medium.  (Worn with - Shirt - Red Haute via Saks off 5th / Shoes - Tahari / necklace - Bauble Bar)


Bay to Baubles - Opaque Faceted Gems & Rhinestones Necklace
I actually have accessories turned off in my style profile, so I'm not sure how this necklace snuck it's way into my Stitch box.  With that said, I really like it.  I'm a huge fan of fashion jewelry but I usually like to see and feel something before I buy it (this is why I loved the Bauble Bar Pop-up shop).  Miranda did a good job picking this necklace out for me.  Great colors!  Can't wait to start a new job and wear this to work!

I only wound up keeping the necklace from this fix.  The overall style of my fix was right on, just the fit was a bit off.  This was actually the least expensive fix I've been sent, with the overall price of the box being only $316 (that's just $222 for everything if I kept it all!).  Unfortunately, some of the pieces showed their cheaper price, the grey top felt like it would only last a few wearings.  For my next fix I asked them to send me more quality pieces, okaying higher prices overall.

I did really like the style of this fix and we had lots of fun shooting this box.  BF and I were actually chasing the evening sun around our neighborhood!  Our apartment concierge got really confused after I walked outside in the third outfit...  Enjoy a few bloopers from out photo shoot!



Fix #1 - May 2013
Fix #2 - June 2013
Fix #3 - July 2013
Fix #4 - August 2013
Fix #5 - September 2013
Fix #6 - October 2013
Fix #7 - November 2013
Fix #8 - December 2013
Fix #9 - January 2014
Fix #10 - February 2014
Fix #11 - March 2014
Fix #12 - April 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment