Image Map

Friday, November 8, 2013

Stitch Fix #7 - November 2013

I've recently become addicted to the Lifetime show - Million Dollar Shoppers and use Stitch Fix to pretend that I'm a fancy lady and have a personal shopper. Okay, there are a few differences.  I'm not as bitchy as some of those clients, though I am almost as picky. My splurge is when I spend $200 on a pair of heels, not ten thousand on a special occasion dress. Seriously, where do these people get all this money?  What kind of career change do I have to make to get in on that kind of lifestyle?

Moving on.  It's November already (how?) and that means it's time for another fix!  This month I asked for chunky sweaters and fall pants.  My stylist, Melanie, did a great job sending me some fun picks and even suggested previous SF items that I purchased to wear with these new things!  If you're totally lost and have no idea what I'm talking about, check out my review of Stitch Fix from a few months back.

THML - Aurinda Striped Back Colorblocked Sweater
First out of the box this month was this sweater.  Just what I asked for, a chunky sweater!  I really liked the color blocking and the knit of this top.  Sadly, this just wasn't chunky enough.  I'm thinking this sweater really needs to be a size larger for it to have the cozy, comfy look that I wanted. Since I'm asking for more chunky knits next month, I'm planning on changing my size to medium in my style profile.  



Kut from the Kloth - Denna Colored Skinny Jean 

Next up, these Kut from the Kloth pants. At first I did not like the color of these pants, in my apartment lighting they looked pretty gross.  Once I styled them according to Melanie's suggestion, I really took a liking to them.  It's too bad that the fabric of these pants is really thin.  It's getting too cold out to be wearing whisper thin pants, not wind friendly!  Back to SF they went.

Bay to Baubles - Leavitt Large Facet Oval Gems Necklace 
Every other month I seem to get a piece of jewelry from Stitch Fix.  I have kept the previous items they sent me, but I did not keep this necklace.  Why?  Notice the second image... I already have this necklace in grey.  I paid $8 for my necklace, the green one from SF was $38.  I'm only willing to pay that much for something really special, like the necklace I got in fix #5.  I can get cheap pieces at Charming Charlies and Madeline.

Kut from the Kloth - Jonathan Corduroy Skinny Pant 
I didn't ask for these pants, but I was so excited when I saw them in my box!  Earlier in the week I was thinking that I needed a new pair of colored cords, Melanie must be a mind reader...  The color is a rich eggplant and the fit is just perfect for flats or to be tucked into boots.  They were a good price point at $78, about what I would have paid at the Gap.

RD Style - Vivianna Open-Draped Knit Cardigan
My final piece was this drapey cardigan.  Remember the chevron printed cardigan from last fix?  That was a mess.  This one was so much better.  There were just two things working against it.  First - it's pretty thin.  I wanted chunky knits this month and this top was not cutting it.  I'm sure it would be perfect for someone to wear to the office.  Second - I just bought an Aztec printed draped cardigan, only mine is thick and warm and wonderful.  This top went back for someone else to love.

Overall grade for this fix?  B+  The style was right on and I loved all the choices that Melanie made for me.  We were definitely on the same wavelength, especially since I sent two things back because I already owned a similar item!

What did you think of this fix?  What would you have kept?  I decided to keep the eggplant cords and send everything else back.  Next month I'm asking for more sweaters and some winter appropriate skirts!

Want to try Stitch Fix?  Here's a little referral link for you!  (FYI, if you schedule a fix, I get a $25 credit.)

Check out some of my previous fixes!

Fix #1 - May 2013
Fix #2 - June 2013
Fix #3 - July 2013
Fix #4 - August 2013
Fix #5 - September 2013
Fix #6 - October 2013
Fix #7 - November 2013
Fix #8 - December 2013
Fix #9 - January 2014
Fix #10 - February 2014
Fix #11 - March 2014
Fix #12 - April 2014

Wondering what else I'm wearing in this post?  Links are below!


19 comments:

  1. You get great fixes! I need to take some clues from your pieces for my next one. I love that color blocked sweater! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! I sent back the color blocked sweater, you can totally request it :) Just mention me!

      Delete
  2. Really great looks! I never heard of Stitch Fix, I'm intrigued. Haha and as for the Million Dollar Shoppers I've tuned in a few times and my thoughts exactly- What do these people do for a living?!?! (Sigh) Must be nice. Great post, I'll def have to check out Stitch Fix.

    ~Jamie
    www.rubyslipperdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, I'm kind of addicted to SF :) It's like a birthday present every month!

      Delete
  3. I just signed up and referenced you. I decided I need help shopping, I live in a shopping desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Sometimes I take for granted that I live in such a shopping mecca!

      Delete
  4. Love the looks! The cardigan in the last look is REALLY nice! Stopping by from Style Elixir...Happy Friday!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! I loved the open cardigan too, but the one I bought is sooo much more fun. Check it out this Wednesday! :)

      Delete
  5. Love the cardigan and the corduroy skinnies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color blocked sweater...it's so different!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it too, just wished it was a little bigger! :)

      Delete
  7. Sorry the sweater was not chunky enough for you, but it's still pretty fabulous! I have a similar sweater from JCrew Factory that showed up on my doorstep this week, but it doesn't have the stripes on the back. I loved that about yours! Pleasant surprise!
    -Carylee
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carylee! I really loved that sweater too, it was just a little tight. I'll have to check out the J Crew factory site for yours!

      Delete
  8. loving the back of that sweater!

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley
    SideSmile Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley, thanks for stopping by! I was pleasantly surprised by the back too!

      Delete
  9. Great pieces! I love the colored cords the best and they looked so good on you! I definitely agree with you about jewelry. There are so many places you can get cheap jewelry, I'm not willing to spend much more than $15 on stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Too right about a $15 limit for fashion jewelry.

      Delete
  10. I absolutely LOVE your colorblock sweater! I'm your newest follower :) I'd love for you to follow my blog too. xo

    Please vote for me--> http://www.onlineshoes.com/monthly-shoe-styling-contest

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that entire outfit from the bright green to the gorgeous sweater and that beautiful necklace! Green looks great on you! Thanks so much for linking up Vicki!

    ReplyDelete