Image Map

Monday, December 23, 2013

Bright Lights, Pretty City

There are three times to visit New York City.  1. Springtime, when everything is new and green.  2. Fall, as the leaves are changing and the crisp air invites you to take a long walk. 3. Christmastime. It's like the entire city wraps itself up in bows and lights.



It's impossible to avoid Rockefeller Center...



...and you can't help but get in the holiday spirit when you see the Rockefeller tree.


But you must resist the urge to wait in line for the skating rink.  Check out the Wollman rink in Central Park instead, they have unlimited skate time there! Plus the rink is bigger and you're less likely to trip over someone!


Be sure to stop by the Saks windows this year, the story is so adorable! And if you visit after dark, you can watch a fun short movie that is projected on the front of the building. The little yeti makes an appearance!


New York City is wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and so am I!

4 comments:

  1. Great photos! I need to plan a trip to NYC for next Christmas - I have yet to see it and am sure that even though your photos are beautiful, to see it all in person is so much better. Merry Christmas, Vicki!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I'm loving NY:)

    www.magdalennes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to see NYC around Christmastime! Your photos make me want to see it even more! How pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO jealous of you going to NYC around Christmastime! It looks SO beautiful - NYC is my favorite city ever.. I've been there during all your suggested times EXCEPT Christmas! Maybe next year... :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.BedazzlesAfterDark.com

    ReplyDelete