Image Map

Friday, June 13, 2014

Day to Night - Take Two!

Hi Everyone! I'm back in New Jersey and back in the office. With the start of summer, I'm no longer heading straight home and hiding under heavy blankets. This time of year is my favorite time to take the train into the city for a fun evening with the boyfriend. Since I commute to my job via the train, it's faster for me to go straight to Manhattan rather than stop at home to change.

This just leaves one problem that I'm sure you all have with summertime day-to-night looks.  It's freezing in the office, but so beautiful outside! This is how I take my look from my desk to the restaurant...


The whole look is based on a black dress. Not a traditional, office appropriate black dress. I picked up this dress a few months ago, but didn't have the chance to wear it yet. To bring the dress to office appropriate levels, I tossed on this blue blazer that I got from Stitch Fix! Flats are my go to shoe when I wear a skirt this length to work. I love this pair from Marc by Marc Jacobs because they look like little mice!


My accessories are the usual office set - big bag for commuting on the train, Fitbit for tracking my steps and my favorite 3D printed necklace from Nervous System.


When it comes to work makeup, I keep it simple. Eyeliner, tinted lip balm and mascara.


When it's time to head to the city, the shoulders come out!


I fell in love with this sweetheart neckline of this Rebecca Minkoff dress.


The boyfriend was smitten with the back of this dress and insisted that I buy it. The back of the dress is the major reason I added the blazer for the office! It's a little too sexy for work!


Heading to the city, I leave the big bag at work and swap it out for this fun clutch. I also trade out my Fitbit for a rose gold chain. I always carry my Fitbit though, it's just in the clutch. Gotta catch every step I take!


And I'm off to the catch the train to the city!

How do you take your day looks into night?

Bluefly still has this dress in stock in a few sizes!  Major sale!!! Go get it before its gone...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment