Image Map

Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer in Chiffon


Summer has unofficially started here in New Jersey and the warm weather has finally made an appearance. On a recent weekend trip to Brooklyn, I was able to dress the part of summer. How does one wear summer? It's all about chiffon. Light and airy layers keep you cool and girly. I discovered this trick on my trip to Singapore. While all my male coworkers were sweating away in their cotton khakis and polo shirts, I was comfortable and cool in white chiffon.


My only complaint about this dress? It's a little on the short side and makes riding the subway a bit of an issue. How to I fix this problem? I'm totally wearing Nike bike shorts under this dress.


No chiffon ensemble is complete without a simple and nerdy necklace! I get so many questions about this particular necklace. It's a simplified structure that represents the organic molecule - theobromine. Otherwise known as the chocolate flavor molecule. Nerdy and delicious! You can pick one up for your favorite chemistry or biology friend at Made with Molecules!


Dress: Theory
Sunglasses: RayBan
Purse: Rebecca Minkoff
Shoes: DSW
Necklace: Made with Molecules


The boyfriend picked up this Theory dress for me last summer, but here are some other girly and summery options from Shopsense!


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful printed dress, it looks perfect for summer! :)

    Really like your bag too :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete