I've spent the past week in London and I've determined that just about everything is more expensive here. And that's coming from a girl who likes to shop in Manhattan. What is cheaper? British designers!
I've made several trips to Ted Baker this past week, as well as stocking up on gym tights at Sweaty Betty and a cute bag from Accessorize. About that Burberry trench? Maybe on my next trip.
1. Ted Baker - Rose on Canvas Print Dress
2. Accessorize - Botanical Richmond Satchel Bag
3. Karen Millen - Pleat Lace Skirt
4. Sweaty Betty - Sunset sail Bikini
5. Burberry - London Cotton-twill trench coat
6. Reiss - Tulip Lace Blouse
7. FCUK - Octavia Leather Heels
8. Ted Baker - Floral Printed iPhone 5 case
While I shopped these locations here in London, all of them have brick and mortar stores in the US. Maybe it's the import taxes, but everything was about 10-15% cheaper on this side of the pond. You can save money on most of these brands by shopping online. Most of them only have real stores in the big cities and you can totally save yourself the sales tax!
What are you favorite British designers? Or maybe, what are you favorite German brands, as I'm currently in Berlin for the week!