Image Map

Monday, May 4, 2015

Wilde Favorites - Beach Getaway

I'm freshly back from a beach vacation and I miss the weather already. If you are looking for a quiet island with long stretches of empty beach, I would highly recommend visiting Eleuthera Island in the Bahamas. We also spent a few days on Paradise Island at the Atlantis Resort. It is not quiet or romantic there, at all. Here are a few things I brought with me for our eight days in the sun...

First and most foremost, as cute bikini. The most important thing on my mind for this beach vacation was to avoid getting a sunburn. In addition to packing three full-sized bottles of sunscreen, I bought this amazing Mara Hoffman bikini.

I'm wearing the bikini with a pair or Lululemon run shorts here - we hiked to this beach over a bunch of sharp rocks

You can buy all three pieces (bikini top & bottom and rash guard) or you can just pair the rash guard with a black bikini. The bikini itself is reversible, it's black on the inside, so you're really getting a whole bunch of combinations in one! I'm also happy to report that I didn't get a sunburn.

Not only is the print and cut of this rash guard absolutely gorgeous, you'll be the envy of all of your friends. During out time at Atlantis, I got dozens of compliments from other people at the resort. If you would like this suit, pick it up soon because at least ten women wanted to know where I got it!



1. DVF - Printed Sleeveless Wrap Dress - Wrap dresses are so comfortable and pretty. This was the easiest way to look put together for dinner, without putting any effort into my outfit. I have a few sleeveless wrap dresses that I got from Saks Off 5th. GILT has a few of these on sale right now too!

2. Peter Thomas Roth Sunscreen - I'm all about sunscreen on my face and re-applying once an hour. Why? Sun damage isn't cool. This sunscreen doesn't break me out and it doesn't sweat off and run into my eyes.

3. Sensi Studio Straw Hat - Want to splurge on a summer hat? This Sensi studio option is so cute. It will keep the rays off your face and hair, because again - sun damage = bad.

4. FRESH - Sugar lip balm in Tulip - I have five different colors of this Fresh lip balm. The share Tulip is my favorite for summer because it is such a pretty pink. I believe that it is a Sephora exclusive color.

5. Ray Ban Mirrored Shrunked Aviators - Personally, I find the traditional Ray Ban aviators just too big for my face. If you're not into the big sunglasses trend, try out this shrunken option. They come in a bunch of adorable colors!

6. BECCA Swim Coverup - I didn't wear my rash guard all day everyday. When I wasn't in the ocean or pool, I could be found wearing this cover up. The print is so pretty and it provides just enough coverage so that you don't feel naked walking from your room to the pool.

7. H&M Straw Hat - Don't want to splurge on a summer hat, this H&M option is perfect. I always ruin structured hats by burying them in the closet. I am a saver when it comes to hats.

8. Leapfrog Ello Water bottle - Stay hydrated! Depending on the island that you visit, the water may or may not be potable. Just be sure to always bring water with you and keep drinking all day long. No, alcoholic beverages do not count.

9. Havianas - Slim Tribal Flip Flops - I buy a new pair of flip flops each year. These Havianas are cheap, come in a bunch of cute colors and are easy on your feet. Pick up a few pairs!

10. Larabar - Cherry Pie - The outer islands of the Bahamas have some of the most expensive grocery stores ever. I always pack snacks in my suitcase when traveling for a beach vacation. These Cherry Pie Larabars are the absolute best. The apple pie flavor is also pretty amazing.

I'll be posting some pictures from our vacation a little later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment